Room: S3 327 (Computer Science Building, Science Park 3)
- 2013 - present: PhD Studies Bioinformatics, Johannes Kepler University Linz
- 02/2013: Graduation from the Johannes Kepler University Linz with the degree MSc.
- Thesis: IBD Mapping of Autism Microarray Data - Beyond Linkage and Association Mapping
- 2010 - 2013: Master Studies Bioinformatics, Johannes Kepler University Linz
- 07/2010: Graduation from the Medical University Vienna with the degree Dr.med.univ. (MD)
- 2008 - 2009: Diploma theses at the Institute of Medical Genetics, Vienna (Proportion of SPRED1 mutation carriers in NF1-negative children with café-au-lait spots)
- 2004 - 2010: Medical studies, Medical University Vienna
- 06/2004: Matura (high school graduation) at BG/BRG Khevenhüller with distinction
- 1996 - 2004: Secondary School: BG/BRG Khevenhüller, Linz
- 1992 - 1996: Elementary School: Volksschule Römerberg, Linz
- Identity by Descent (IBD) Detection
- Sequence Analysis
- Copy Number Variations
- Disease Associations
- Population Genetics
- Machine Learning
- Povysil G, Hochreiter S. 2014. Sharing of very short IBD segments between humans, Neandertals, and Denisovans. bioRxiv.
- ASHG 2015, Baltimore, MD, USA: IBD sharing in the 1000 Genomes Project Phase 3 data reveals relationships from Neandertals to present day families
- ASHG 2015, Baltimore, MD, USA: panelcn.MOPS reaches clinical standards as a CNV detection tool for targeted panel sequencing data
- SMBE 2015, Vienna, Austria: Early Interbreeding between Ancestors of Humans, Neandertals, and Denisovans within Africa
- ASHG 2014, San Diego, CA, USA: Population specific patterns of novel haplotype groups at the PAH locus
- ASHG 2013, Boston, MA, USA: IBD Mapping of Autism Microarray Data
- ASHG 2012, San Francisco, CA, USA: Detection of identity by descent based on rare variants
- HGV 2012, Shanghai, China: Identifying IBD tracts that are tagged by rare variants
- ISMB 2012, Long Beach, CA, USA: Comparison of IBD detection methods with a focus on rare variants
- Summer semester 2015: Exercises in Theoretical Concepts of Machine Learning & Exercises in Machine Learning: Unsupervised Techniques, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Winter semester 2012/13 - 2014/15: Exercises in Sequence Analysis and Phylogenetics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.